Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas!

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas! My parents and brother drove up from Florida Christmas day and stayed until Monday. We changed our tradition up a little bit and it turned out fabulous! See, for the past few years, I've cooked Christmas dinner (usually a Honeybaked ham!) on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas day for dinner we order Chinese food! Yummy! Well, this year, my parents were coming Christmas day, so I wanted to cook dinner for all of us. On Christmas Eve we went to our Church's service uptown and it was FABULOUS!! It was at the Belk Theater!!

Christmas morning Tyler woke us up by pulling on Eric's shirt saying "Daddy! Daddy! Santa came and Caiden is opening all the presents!!" So, Eric and I woke up (at 7AM) and had our Christmas. 12 minutes later, the gifts were open and paper was everywhere! LOL! It wasn't that quick.. hehe
We all go very nice things, Caiden getting a camera (because he LOVES to cheese like his mommy!) and Tyler got his Nintendo DS!!!! And he was super happy!!! Those were Santa gifts ;)
After we opened gifts and ate some yummy cinnamon rolls, Kate and I started preparing our Christmas feast! It was the VERY FIRST TIME I cooked a turkey BY MYSELF (with Kate of course!) I got all our recipes for the dinner on healthyrecipes.com. We made a shallot and apple stuffed turkey, roasted sweet potatoes, parsley and garlic roasted squash, apple and cranberry stuffing, and we can't forget the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese (the mac and cheese was made traditionally with all the butter and cheese!!) It was delicious!! My parents made it just in time for dinner and came with a WHOLE trunk load of gifts!! It was santa time all over again!!
Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas with friends and family!!!

0 comments: